WHAT: Concert style presentations (3 shows)
WHEN: April 9, 2011
WHERE: DanceArts United
• Fundraising event
• Allocated seating
• Parents video and photography allowed
MID YEAR SHOW
TOM KIPPER & THE TIME TRAVELLER
WHEN: August 9-10, 2011
WHERE: Gasworks Theatre, Albert Park
• Compulsory for all Associate students
• Roles determined by audition
WHAT: End of year dance showcase
WHEN: December 17, 2011
WHERE: Clocktower Theatre, Moonee Ponds
• Featuring Jazz, Hip Hop and Contemporary dance as well as 15 min narrative ballet and musical revuettes
A week long training event aimed at revitalising students for their coming year of dance. External teachers and industry professionals are also brought in to share their knowledge and take workshop classes.
Held annually in January.
A chance for students to represent DanceArts United in competition. Also a great way to set personal training goals and present them on stage in Solo, Duo, Trio or Troupe work.
DANCEARTS UNITED PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS
As part of the Associate Training Program DanceArts students learn a syllabus designed for their specific age group and levels. After a 10 week period of training, DanceArts students perform for a panel of examiners and receive a written report on their effort with the option of purchasing a DVD of their work.
END OF YEAR SOCIAL EVENT
In celebration of the year gone, DanceArts students, parents and teachers are given the opportunity to mingle at our end of year celebration at Galactic Circus. This is an opportunity to look back on the year as well as to give recognition and award those students who have demonstrated outstanding achievement and diligence.
* Possible other events include but not limited to showcases, demonstrations, charity functions and featured acts in external concerts and performances as well as cabarets.